While plenty of people make New Year resolutions or plan on losing weight to look great during the summertime, the fact is that any time of year is a good one for getting yourself back into good shape and improving your health. There are lots of steps to take that can help with this, but it's important not to overlook a surprising tool in the quest to get healthy - pecans.
Pecans And HealthGreat taste and numerous uses in recipes are often enough to help it make sense to buy pecans, but they really can help you get in shape as well. Just look at the health benefits:
- High in 'good fats' that provide more energy
- Rich in vitamins and minerals
- High levels of antioxidants
- Studies show improved heart health as a result of a diet rich in nuts
- Help the body feel 'full' and improve metabolic function for better weight loss
The Right PlanPecans are only one piece of the fitness puzzle - but they're one of the most delicious. If you want to truly get in shape and allow pecans to help, keep the following in mind:
- Focus on eating raw nuts or lightly salted ones. Candied pecans are delicious, and should only be a treat that you indulge in occasionally.
- Use them in recipes that aren't filled with sugars. They're great as a salad topping or as a breading for baked fish or chicken, and can give you the nutritional benefits without filling your body with sugars.
- Use them as a snack instead of processed junk food. They are a perfect snack for those cravings that hit in-between meals.